[Mesh] Firmware update

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Dec 23 03:51:04 PST 2013

Today I flashed the first router with sudomesh firmware and used the
node-configurator to set it up. After fixing a few bugs, it now comes up
mostly correctly after configuration(!)

Here are the remaining ToDos that I feel we need to deal with before I feel
we can "ship" this as an initial launch:

* The simplified web gui does not allow me to log in. Trying to log in as
root gives the error "The CGI process did not produce any response"

* Change meshrouting script to establish NAT between mesh and private wifi
network.

* Add upstream traffic control to tunneldigger hook script.

* Hook web gui into batman-adv and tunneldigger for changes to shared
internet bandwidth.

* Ensure that exit and relay nodes are configured correctly.

* Change MTU on interfaces to make batman happy.

Max: Any idea about the web gui error? Also, if you're trying to work with
node-configurator, remember that the client only trusts the certificate
included in the firmware here:

https://github.com/sudomesh/openwrt-firmware/blob/master/files/etc/nodeconf/certs/ca_root.crt

The node-configurator client will refuse to connect to anything that
doesn't have a cert signed by that root ca. Easiest solution for testing is
to use the script included with node-configurator to generate your own root
cert, copy that over the existing root cert in openwrt-firmware and re-run
make in built_firmware/builder.atheros

--
marc/juul