[sudo-discuss] RPS Collective visiting SudoRoom Thursday night

Romy Ilano romy at snowyla.com
Wed Aug 5 10:38:34 PDT 2015

Hi RPS Collective is visiting SudoRoom Thursday night.

I feel we should literally put out the red carpet for them. We have a lot
we can learn form them. I'd love to see them in our space, but that's
really up to them.

Things they do well that we could learn from

   - work with youth in a genuine, non superficial / non tokenistic way -
   this is hard to pull off with most hackerspaces. their programs have this
   magic combination that treats young people as equals and it feels
   authentic. much more so even than most public education programs
   - work well with mainstream and older women while still being quirky
   themselves es- this is something that's hard to pull off for many
   hackerspaces and collectives.
   - integrate sewing and crafts in an authentic way - this is not our
   strong point.
   - celebrate the arts in a unique way - that doesn't just include
   hipsters.

i hope everyone can be extra accommodating to them. they are cool. I used
to volunteer with them even though I was never a member.

by the way they are looking for monthly donations for the ac transit youth
bus passes ->
https://www.facebook.com/rpscollective/posts/1024557754235237

Hey so speaking of that youth program, We need some monthly AC Transit
Youth Bus passes. Anyone want to sponsor? 20 bucks each. Tax deductible
donation to get youth creative
<https://www.facebook.com/#>

Romy Ilano
romy at snowyla.com