[Mesh] mesh meetup notes

mark burdett mark at 510pen.org
Thu Jan 31 23:31:13 PST 2013

We had our first mesh meetup at sudoroom today!  Here's some quick notes,
please add anything I missed.

attendees: Jenny, Steve D, Mark B.

Agenda:
- Mark: Status update on 510pen network
   - To-do: Installs and tech support in East Oakland
   - Redesign Splash page – integrate OaklandWiki? Make the splash page
editable- community bulletin board
   - Current splash page can be seen at https://510pen.org/splash
   - Hyperlocal- neighborhood specific splash page content
   - Jenny suggests field research to determine what people would like to
see on the splash page
 - Steve from OpenGarden - http://opengarden.com/ - Awesome mesh network
project: android, Windows, OS X app
- Jenny: working on http://tidepools.co/ - Social wi-fi mobile mapping
platform
Ideas:
Attend Open Oakland – tuesday meetups. Bring 510pen proposal/writeup
510pen should have a KML file of the network for integation w/ Tidepools

Next steps:
Mark: organize 510pen mesh support taskforce.
Steve and Jenny: Integrate opengarden and tidepools.
Jenny: Talk to george about wifi mast on roof @sudoroom.
Documents on Oakland open wi-fi: Eddan & Mark – need to make a list of
names, dates, time periods, types of documents to request
Talk to local groups re: Open wireless e.g. Internet Archive, Center for
Media Justice

wiki page: http://sudoroom.org/wiki/Mesh

WHY DOES THIS WIKI USE HTTP INSTEAD OF HTTPS? :p