[Mesh] My mesh project.

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 17:41:59 PST 2013

Marc, I've switched to http://wiki.tidepools.co as I continue research for
OTI, so will need to update the pyre wiki as we move forward. The mesh
protocol/hardware/firmware etc research is in the Mesh Projects Directory
link on the sidebar. :)

I will be at sudo tomorrow since there's an Oakland Digital Divide mtg at 7
and will be meeting with Alcides beforehand. Mark, if you can't make it
that's fine - I would love to hear Doctorow speak, myself! We'll see who
shows up and go from there.

As part of my internship with the Open Technology Institute, I'm designing
use cases for a mobile mapping application designed to run on community
mesh networks. While discussions of the technology that mesh runs on are
interesting and pertinent, so too is the issue of community adoption and
engagement. There's a whole world of possibilities for providing services
beyond just connectivity to folks on the mesh -mapping community resources,
neighborhood bulletin boards for local job listings and events, hooking up
with sensor data from seismometers and Geiger counters, community crime
watch, emergency response tools, etc;

Excited to talk more with y'all tomorrow!